The drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and desensitizing effect.
Sustanon 250 side effects phosphate penetrates into the intraocular fluid, the cornea, iris, choroid, ciliary body, the retina. The drug can exert a systemic effect only when used in high doses for prolonged use or in children.
The drug is indicated for use when expressed acute and chronic allergic and inflammatory eye diseases listed below:
- allergic blepharitis, conjunctivitis, keratoconjunctivitis, scleritis, etc.
- acute and chronic iridocyclitis (iritis, iridocyclitis).
- transferred ophtalmia
Also, the drug is used for the prevention and treatment of inflammatory complications after surgery on the eyeball and injuries.
Diseases of the ear
- Treatment of allergic otitis externa
- as an adjunct to therapy in infectious otitis except viral otitis
- chronic eczematous external otitis
- seborrheic otitis externa
- chronic diseases of the external ear canal skin caused by Lichen simplex
Dosing and Administration
Dose set individually.
topically in the conjunctival sac of 1 – 2 drops of Sustanon 250 side effects phosphate solution every 4-6 hours. In acute conditions initial dosage – 1 to 2 drops every hour, followed by a gradual decrease in the multiplicity of application depending upon the therapeutic effect. The duration of the disease depends on (from 1-2 days to several weeks)
locally into the ear canal of 3 or 4 drops of a solution of the drug 2-3 times a day. After achieving the desired effect, it is necessary to gradually reduce the multiplicity of the drug to the desired, will control symptoms of the disease.
- Prolonged use may increase intraocular pressure, posterior subcapsular cataract development.
- If thinning of the cornea or sclera, there is a risk of perforation.
- The development of secondary infection.
- It is extremely rare – the spread of Herpes simplex.
The drug is contraindicated in the following diseases and conditions:
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug
- the drug should not be used while wearing contact lenses
- acute viral diseases of the eye, including, acute superficial keratitis caused by Herpes simplex
- the presence of active tuberculosis or transferred before the eyes
- fungal external auditory canal skin
- tuberculosis ear damage
- acute viral diseases of the ear
- or the presence of chronic otitis media previously transferred
- violation of the integrity of the tympanic membrane (development of ototoxicity)
Pregnancy and lactation
In pregnancy, the drug is used, if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. During the use of the drug should stop breastfeeding.
In children, during long-term treatment should be carefully monitored for the dynamics of growth and development. Children who during the treatment period were in contact with patients with measles or chickenpox, prophylaxis prescribe specific immunoglobulins.
Do not use this medication if undiagnosed diseases of the eye, especially when your own eye irritation (a symptom of “red-eye”). During the use of the drug should regularly check the intraocular pressure, the state of the lens, as long-term therapy may develop steroid glaucoma and cataracts.
If you use contact lenses should be removed before instillation of the drug, and can be put in 15 minutes, as within a few minutes may be reduced after instillation of the drug, should be careful when operating machinery and driving.
0.1% eye / ear drops in bottles of 5 ml.